Share | 

Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AKheon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:03 pm

As you may know, I've been glitching MK: Deception and Armageddon for a long time already. Finally it feels like I'm ready to start TASing them... after a few more tests, but soon.

At first I was thinking of doing a Deception run for GC without unlocked characters. (starting from a save might be too much of a hassle because it is after all a console I've never TASed before... want to keep things simple.) The run will include versus matches and then I'll maybe end the run in a game crash.

There will be plenty of tricks in the run I haven't shown to anyone yet. Stay tuned...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SDR

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:20 pm

okay but which is the fighter that you'll use? do you intend add 2p?
tips: first kombat try use reverse hara kiri maybe could be funny to watch

Final battle: Shao khan vs Ornaga *_*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2KUKuBuWT-4y5uwewwS-9A?feature=
AKheon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:38 am

I'm thinking of only doing p2 matches in this run, it's much more entertaining that way. Maybe later in another, longer run with unlocked characters and costumes it would be worth it to play through Arcade-mode as well. Also, I'm trying to use all characters at least once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SDR

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:48 pm

hmm probably will be a interesting run, but do you intend use some special mode? for example the chess kombat to insert the 2p or you will just the versus mode.
Have you ever think how could be the last kombat?. Usually when i make a run, always i look to leave the round more glitchy in the half of the run to ensure the entertaiment through of the run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2KUKuBuWT-4y5uwewwS-9A?feature=
AKheon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Chess Kombat doesn't have so many glitches, as far as I know. Maybe it could be incorporated to a longer playaround in the future.

The run will maybe consist of about 10 vs matches. Enough to show most of the interesting tricks I know.

I'm not sure about how to finish the run. I'll either show the credits from the Kontent-menu or crash the game in a stylish way. I agree that the run should remain interesting from the beginning to the end, so I'm spreading out the most glitchy fights in the run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SDR

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:18 am

sounds good Smile I'm sure will be a great run by the way, are you with some trouble with the dolphin emulator? it's run correctly?
When i did the attempt as ermac I had several desyncs =S I dunno because happened that, maybe could be my video card or something, that why I stopped to work in this game.
Back to top Go down
AKheon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:46 am

I still haven't tried Deception with the newer Dolphin versions. I hope they work decently by now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SDR

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:21 am

okay I wish you good luck I look forward to watching your the wips about this run, This game have many tricks that you found for example the glitch: "out of ring, hara kiri glitch, scorpion's double spear glitch " really they are amazing to watch
Back to top Go down
Dark Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:51 pm

very nice of you part Akheon :] one never saw also a kind of tool assisted matchs on mortal kombat created yet,just about SF3 - Strike matchs and separated as mkt created by SDR and some street fighter matchs I've never seen of just start doing matchs will be really interesting see it Akheon good luck.

As part of glitchy the game will be funny because many glitches strip the character of the screen walking everywhere shaped glitch,Akheon about combos or strange things will be much used in matches?I saw that this game has awesome combos I'd love to see high advanced combos and funny things in the game =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/DKNOOB1
AKheon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:13 pm

I'll try to do good combos, and probably take influence from the combo masters' (like Check) old work. Personally I believe the best combos have already been found for this game, and TAS can't really improve much on it. But the glitches will be new, and they are the best part of the TAS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AKheon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:57 pm

The run is done and uploading: http://youtu.be/ZDwX419pAIU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vlack2294
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:17 am

akheon your new TAS is very nice I would like to post it on the youtube channel of our forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/mkTAScommunity
AKheon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Sure, go ahead, you can upload it on the MKTAS channel. Can you do your own encode of the run, or do you need one?

I think the next step is doing a TAS of the Konquest-mode in MK: Deception. Then later, when making the complete Deception movie with unlocked characters, the Konquest-movie is easy to modify to use as a verification movie. And I'm interested in finding out if you could skip objectives in Konquest...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:33 pm

congratulations AKheon and WTF gooood Vídeo as usual greatest and abuses glitches and fatalitys broke that made ​​me laugh wanted to see a second glitchfest/playaround with all characters or more than it has this incredible video and more abusive combos despite having already contained many advanced but very good job,Impressive ;]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/DKNOOB1
AKheon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 am

I've felt like returning to MK: Deception and Armageddon... glitched a little a few days ago as a warm-up.

I think the next step would be to make a MK: Deception's Konquest-mode TAS. Would be nice to watch, and then it would be easy to continue it into a verification movie for a Deception TAS that has everything unlocked and more glitches. I just hope there will be sequence breaks in Konquest... I know you can go out of bounds in it, but haven't tested the trick much yet.

My vision for Armageddon TAS is that it uses all characters and is just massive... Hopefully even more glitches are found so that the fights remain entertaining and have unexpected things in them throughout the run.

EDIT:

Tested out MK: Armageddon some more on WII. Strangely enough, some moves have different list numbers to them than on PS2, making glitch effects different. Wonder why...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SDR

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:28 am

I got no none tips to give you regarding how you could begin on this, at the moment i did some test  to find incredible glitches but I couldn't get sucessful. So i will just go to wiseup on your updates here, of course as soon you  put it on.

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:55 pm

I think that MK Armageddon Konquest Mode will be a incredible TAS also as MKD Konquest but MK Armageddon have a various glitches enter in the CHECK4900 Channel's and see the MKD and MKA stuffs,you would also see some interesting combos to add mostly the glitched combos in the channel,i think that will be a very nice and glitched TAS/Playaround/Glitchfest,well this is it,I hope to see more updates on the game too

combo example:

Akheon you have in mind one playthrough before starting any playaround on MK Armageddon TAS? would be amazing one with Chameleon or Shujinko.

AKheon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:44 am

Sadly, online mode in Armageddon seems to have a few glitches that are impossible in offline gaming. Some air combat and hit detection stuff for instance. That combo you linked would not be possible in offline.

Doing single character playthroughs would probably be educational... I might try that.

In general I'm not really interested in Arcade-mode because most of the cooler glitches are not accessible in that mode. Two player-mode is what I think works best with Deception and Armageddon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AntimazON
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:56 pm

it will be very interesting to see new stuff in Deception (It's my favourite MK game in 3D). Armageddon Konquest would be very fun to do a perfect TAS/TAP, because his gameplay is more dynamical that mkd konquest.

btw, playing MK deadly alliance, is it possible that you do a glitchfest?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:29 am

LOL,MK Alliance for me is the one of the most poor game of the MK series,but I like much the combos of the game,I think that a MKArmageddon TAS is the favorite for TAS the combos,glitches,etc.
A playthrough will be essential to start but this is with AKheon it's a suggestion then i hope to see new updates soon Wink 

AKheon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:10 pm

I only played a little of Deadly Alliance, but I might look into it deeper at some point.

I've found a really powerful glitch from MK: Deception that allows big sequence breaks in Konquest-mode. However... it only works on Gamecube version (on Dolphin). Never got it to work on a PS2-emulator. I really hope this is a real glitch and not an emulation error or something.

If anyone of you has Deception on Gamecube and could try this out on console, do this: go to Konquest-mode. Go to a door. Open start-menu roughly at the same time you activate the door (it's frame-precise, and actually you have to open the door one frame before you press start). If the glitch is real, then you eventually get a result in which the door opening automatically happens after you close start-menu.

I could make a video of this if you want to.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk2e8GTlPsE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AKheon
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception TAS   Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:36 am

A secret tactic from MK: A with which to glitch stage fatalities:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqm132CEuUs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content